Yoga for Determining Distance
For a while now I have been practicing being able to tell distance. It started with driving in my car and using the GPS to look at something in the distance and see how many feet or miles it took to get there.
With a little practice I was able to being to be able to fairly accurate tell distances of 1/4, 1/2, and 1 mile. I’m now working on up to 10 miles.
Here is how I did it:
- Launch the map app on my phone and enter in bring up directions wherever I’m going
- Look at a distance in the horizon, check your current location, get to the object and check the distance
- Find another object on the horizon the same distance away and see if it’s the same
- Work until you are able to tell how far away that distance is
- Move on to other distances (I started with a 1/4 mile and worked up to a mile)
This relates to Yoga because I notice that when I try to tell how far something out is I actually project my consciousness to that point. This gives me an actual “feeling” for the distance, which I then translate to feet or miles based on my experience.
Here are a few of the benefits I have noticed from this practice:
- Ability to tell how far away something is just by looking at it
- Ability to project my energy and awareness further
- Ability to determine how far my energy or consciousness are being projected
- Ability to calculate time it takes to reach a destination