Reflections from 2013 White Tantra Winter Solstice
This winter solstice I took a departure from my recent trend of visiting SacBe, Mexico and signed on to do setup crew at the 3HO White Tantra Yoga Winter Solstice, and of course stay for a week of yoga and 3 days of white tantra. I’m posting up here a few thoughts and memories that are still with me a number of weeks after leaving.
- I’m so glad I went early to do setup crew. It put me in a state of service and helped me make some amazing friends.
- In many ways, I had a beautiful introduction to the Gurdwara and felt very called to return.
- One example: After performing flute with a group in the Gurdwara, I was asked to sit at the Guru and do(use?) the Chauri. In between songs I had the most beautiful experience of hearing the Guru speak to me. I would have a thought of how beautiful it was and before the thought fully formed the Guru would tell me loving the same thing. I felt truly like I was sitting on the lap of a guru most loving and hearing the words of God personified with such love and only the slightest personality.
- A number of us came back to the Big Tree House in Orlando and had a most beautiful Christmas Eve sing along and Christmas morning Sadhna, after which they indulged me and let me read from the Sermon on the Mount.
- The abundance of the Solstice kitchen moved in to big tree and we now have almond milk, rice and beans to last several moons.
I don’t think that I will go to summer solstice this year, but I hold the winter solstice in a warm place in my heart and will happily go again next year Inshallah. Thank you to everyone who made the event so special.